Director of Music
St. Frances Cabrini Church is a vibrant multi-generational parish, is situated in the southwestern suburbs of Denver. This archdiocesan parish has an established diverse music program to lead an already participating congregation.
The full-time Director of Liturgical Music will plan, prepare, play and direct music for Masses on weekends, Holy Days, Celebration of Sacraments, weddings, funerals and various other parish celebrations.
The Director reports to the Pastor and is responsible for all administrative aspects of the program, including managing the music budget.
The Church has a large 60 voice established adult choir, a children’s choir, an adult schola, numerous cantors, and Youth mass band. The church is home to a large 52 rank Rutz pipe organ, a Seiler grand Piano, a five-octave set of Schulmerich Handbells and a digital piano. Excellent A new digital tablet- controlled sound system and projection screens haves recently been installed in the church.
1. Candidate should have a MA in Music and 5-10 years experience in Catholic parish Music Ministry.
2. A practicing Catholic with extensive knowledge of and experience with Catholic liturgy.
3. Exceptional ability to play the organ and piano as well as accomplished vocal skills with the ability to supervise and train parish cantors.
4. Thorough practical knowledge of the music of the Catholic Church, particularly a wide-range repertoire, including Traditional and Contemporary music, as well as Gregorian Chant. Director must have ability to conduct and play this wide variety of music.
5. Commitment to the spiritual mission of the parish.
6. Interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are essential.
1. Salary commensurate with education and experience, plus benefits.
2. Paid vacation time.
3. Weddings and funerals are compensated separately.
Please submit inquiries and applications to:
Music Director Search Committee
St. Frances Cabrini Catholic Church
6673 W. Chatfield Ave.
Littleton CO. 80128
Application should include
A. Cover letter
B. Curriculum vitæ
C. List of three references (a priest, a professional musician, and one other person) to be contacted by the search committee.